Thursday, March 29, 2007


I was going through all 256 posts to gather all the pictures EVER that have been posted on SKETCHBOOK PROJECT (about 400 pictures or so) for a mega-slide show for the night of the exhibition, and I came across a picture by Ben Hodson that was particularly striking. So, whilst I should have been working or playing video games, I colored it slightly. It's got great compositional elements. Nice one.

I'm blown away by the quality of work each artist's posted here. Amazing. I think we take for granted the huge cartooning/art talent within South Africa (even though I know Ben's from Canada.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Sublime, Mike. You've got that colouring thing down pat. Pls tell me it's high res!

1:33 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Thanks Jason. I am actually half-colourblind, but chicks dig that. I have a palette saved in Photoshop I used for animating JOZI ZOO. Use it for all my pics so I don't have to think too much. Is that cheating? I also learned only recently about complimentary colours, except I can never remember them properly. Regardless, thanks for the props on that. Hodson's pictures were made to be coloured in Photoshop. All the lines make it like a colouring book.

Digging your new stuff. The dark style's super-accessible and instantly recognizeable. Went through all the pics today. Some stuff scares me hard, man.

The Sesame Street dude isn't hi-res. Just saved it off the blog. Pff.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Ben Hodson said...

wow..I'd love to make a colouring book. Very groovy Mike. Yeah, I gotta learn how to colour properly in photoshop...thanks for the big compliment.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home