Friday, March 23, 2007


I moved to Plett. Is is nice and pretty. I like the clouds and sunsets and sunrises. Jeepers. Well, LUSH from HERE wrote up a little thing about a soap opera thing of South African blogs, and I had some time to sketch it up in a crazy messy thing, and oh well, it's kind of sketchy, so I thought I'd post it here.

Any chance we could get the SKETCHBOOK PROJECT LAUNCH moved to Plett? Please?

I also noticed, you can see very clearly the differences between a well-trained artist who uses line of action and proper human proportions in his drawings, and a guy who just wings it. I fall into the latter category. Man, must be great to be able to use composition, line of action, shaping out your characters, strong silhouettes, etc...properly. Ever feel like you're just repeating the same mistakes over and over, the only fall back being that they're fairly charming drawings and worth a smile? Well, that's sometimes how I feel. About this picture, for example. It's also whack to look at someone who tries too hard to get things perfect in a drawing, while leaving huge gaping glaring holes open in other aspects. I do it, man. I do it. I have nightmares about this kind of stuff.

Anyway, you guys know what I'm talking about. Have a great weekend. I ain't complaining, I'm just remarking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home